Още по темата
16:24 | 26 Ноември 2019 г.
16:31 | 07 Ноември 2019 г.
“Bulgaria’s Consultative Council on National Security (CCNS) held a meeting over the escalated tensions in the Middle East and the potential threats to Bulgaria. During the meeting it was emphasized that in the modern globalized world each act of violence and aggression has the potential to cause consequences of unpredictable scale”, stated the president Rumen Radev.
The countries should avoid any action leading to escalation, while making further efforts to conduct effective dialogue and find a peaceful solution to the situation with diplomatic means.
The CCNS agreed on five recommendations in response to the current crisis in the Middle East:
1. There should be a national position emphasizing the need of de-escalation of the tensions and resolution of the crisis by diplomatic means.
2. Bulgaria’s security services should constantly monitor the situation and analyze all processes that could generate risks and threats to the national security.
3. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs should maintain the capacity of constantly keeping in touch with the Bulgarians living in the tension zones and should update its recommendations to ensure their safety.
4. The Ministry of Defense should act in order to ensure the safety of the Bulgarian military personnel who are on a mission beyond our borders.
5. Should the situation change, additional measures to protect the population and critical infrastructure in Bulgaria should be taken.